Every Windows machine is equipped with a feature called Windows Boot loader. The purpose of this feature is to enable PC users to select appropriate operating system to boot from while switching on their PC. You will see the boot loader option if you have installed multiple operating systems in your PC. If your machine has just one operating system, it will boot from this default OS without displaying the boot loader option.
Boot loader error
If you have enabled dual-boot option in your computer, you are certain to come across problems in your machine. Boot loader error is a common error message that users see if they have enabled dual-boot option in their computer. If Windows 7 is one of the operating systems that you have in the dual-boot settings, then here are some troubleshooting steps you can work out to fix the problem. Alternatively, you can visit any Windows 7 tech support forum and find a solution for the problem.
- Insert the Windows 7 installation disk in your PC and reboot it. Let the computer boot from the installation disk. Note that you will be prompted to press any key on your keyboard to boot from Windows 7.
- When the PC begins to load from the installation disk, you will receive another prompt titled Repair your computer. Choose this option to proceed.
- Now, the Windows 7 setup will scan your hard disk for the possible causes of boot loader error. If the cause of the error is any missing system files, you will be prompted to reinstall the operating system. Click Next to proceed.
- Next, go to the Command Prompt You can find it in the System Recovery Options screen.
- In the Command Prompt screen, enter exe /FixBoot
- Hit Enter key on your keyboard to proceed. Windows will begin to repair your operating system now. The corrupted system files will be replaced.
- Once done, remove the Windows 7 DVD. Restart your PC now. You can do the restart by simply pressing the Restart button on the tower.
You have successfully dealt with the Windows boot loader error in your PC. If there are any further areas that need to be clarified, feel free to visit any Windows 7 tech support forum and raise your concerns or questions there. You can be assured of quick answers through such forums.